Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vita-Smoothie

This weather is unbeatable. I love it!!
I decided after school today that we all needed something I named a 
Vita-Smoothie!
I may not have a Vitamix yet but my Ninja did the job for us today quite well.

 NutriVerus is a supplement that we all take and that I am a distributor for. It's amazing stuff and I love have the powder form. I usually just mix it in a bit of water but today I put 2 heaping scoops into our smoothie.
If you are interested you can check out this link
 Then I added 1/2 cup of Hemp Milk. This is the only milk my kids and I drink. Jeff hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet but he is almost there. He doesn't like the taste. The kids really like it and it's packed with good Omega 3 fatty acids which are really good for brain development and mood among other things. Plus it's dairy free.
I also added 2 Tbs. of unrefined coconut oil. I am so excited to hear that Costco is carrying this now. It's organic, extra virgin, unrefined, and super reasonably priced at Costco. My Gramy brought me this huge tub yesterday. So I am stocked for a while.
Coconut oil is a great immune booster, yeast/bacteria killer, and healthy fat. My kids eat it by the spoonful when I let them.

So here was our smoothie, it's long gone now:

1 cup ice cubes
1 apple
1 banana
2 italian prunes (thanks to my Uncle Brian's tree)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 packed cup of spinach
1/2 cup Hemp Milk
2 scoops NutriVerus
2 Tbs. Coconut Oil

Blend away and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum Andrea!! I made hard lotion bar with coconut oil today. I didn't realize they were selling it at Costco.....you gave me a handy tidbit.

    ReplyDelete