Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Granola bars take 2

My 7 year old put it best when he said, "she just keeps adding and adding stuff trying to get the perfect granola bar."

My 4 year old was shocked to hear some of the ingredients and said, "what? There's beans in there?"

So, my friend suggested adding a ripe banana for moisture and I had left over black beans so I tossed them in too.

Today's granola bars were more moist than last weeks, and, I think they tasted better. Plus, the bananas were the only sweetener (aside from the chocolate chips of course) so that was handy.

Here is the new and improved recipe:

1/2 cup pureed black beans
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup softened butter

Mix all that together then add:

1 Tbs. vanilla
1 cup Raw Almond butter ( I use this brand)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbs. chia seeds
1 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
4 cups gluten free oats

Mix until combined and cook in 9 x 13 sprayed pan at 350 degrees for only 15 minutes. Let cool completely.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment