Monday, June 18, 2012

Best Cornbread Ever!

Do you love cornbread?
Like really like it, a lot.
I do. And so does my husband and so do our kids.
However, the regular Marie Calendar's Cornbread mix totally makes my tummy turn. I don't know what it is but I eat it (or, I used to eat it) and it tasted delicious and then after dinner I would feel awful. I don't know, maybe it was just me but I needed an alternative.
One day while grocery shopping at Fred Meyer I saw Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Meal. I picked it up and was looking at it only to find a homemade cornbread RECIPE on the back. Yes! There were a lot of ingredients that I didn't have so since I was at the store I bought all the ingredients I needed.

My husband LOVES cornbread and he says this recipe is the best he has ever tasted. It's so yummy and it doesn't hurt my tummy.

Here is the recipe.

Here are my personal alterations:

I don't use milk, I use Kefir. Plain Kefir.

I don't use canola oil. I use butter. Same amount of melted butter as it calls for oil.

I don't use Sorghum Flour ( I must have missed this at the store because I don't have any and have never tried it) I use almond meal. Same amount as it calls for Sorghum Flour.

That's it.

Try it!

And yes, the ingredients are odd and they are a bit expensive, BUT, you only use a small amount each time. I have made this cornbread 2 times already since buying all the ingredients and there is still plenty left to make at least 2 more batches.

1 comment:

  1. This is our favorite too. Its a bit grainier which we all like.

    ReplyDelete