Saturday, March 10, 2012

the taste of love




Man! Do you see the little loaf of bread in this picture? That is the taste of love. Seriously! Ask anyone in my family. There were 2 loaves, now there is 1. Soon there will be none.

Are we a bread family? Nope. Do I think bread is healthy? Nope. Not usually. But I have been soaking my flour and the stuff is heavenly. That, and I am not feeling the bloated, gassy way that bread usually makes me feel.

So Wednesday night before bed I poured a ton of whole wheat flour into my Kitchenaid mixer. Probably at least 4 cups, maybe more. I topped that with a full 32oz of plain Kefir (unsweetened) and mixed until the flour was all moist. Then I left it. Thursday, left it some more. Tonight (Friday) I took the nice, digestible, fermented dough and made love. Ha. No pun intended :)

I mixed the dough with my dough hook and added 5 eggs, 1 Tbs. salt, 2 Tbs. Baking Powder, 2 Tbs. Vanilla, 2 Tbs. cinnamon, 1/2 cup raw honey, and 1 cube of melted butter. Then I prepared 2 loaf pans and poured the dough/batter into them evenly, half full. Baked it at 350 for 35 minutes. Let cool in pan. Take out of pan to finish cooling.
Devour!
My husband and kids seriously thought I fell off my rocker when I served them this bread with their dinner. Again, it is protein packed with all the kefir and eggs!

There was some dough left (after Emmett's fingers were licked clean) in the bowl and so I made some waffles to have in the freezer. Those will surely make a busy morning more delightful in the near future.

I'm into this soaking thing!

My college roomate, Jena, sent me this link that inspired this recipe. Thanks Jena! Download the FREE E-book and check it out!!
But hurry, this stuff takes days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment