Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brown Rice and Chicken/Vegetable Curry

This meal double timed it this week. I made it for our family and then I made it and brought it over to my mom and dad, who have been sick. I love serving my mom and dad. They are those people who are always doing nice things for others and I love when I can find something nice to do for them. They are both working full time so I thought a nice warm dinner to come home to would hit the spot.
I snuck over in the morning and plugged in both crock pots, and when they got home. Viola!

Super easy meal requires two crock pots.

In the first one, smaller one, mine is a 3 quart, I fill half full with brown rice. Then top with water to exceed rice 2 inches. Turn on low until done, about 3-4 hours. (or high for 2+ hours)

In the second crock pot (5 quart) put:
1 cup water
1 chicken bullion cube
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbs. curry powder

Cook on low for 5ish hours. I am so bad about timing things. When it smells good, check it and go from there until it is done. Yum.
Pour the coconut curry over the rice to serve.
This is mild for curry. I would do more but I don't know how the kids would do so for now this is curry enough for them.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yum! thank you! hey just made homeade chicken nuggets the other day for the kids and thought i would share the recipe...so good. boil two chicken breasts (larger ones) then put into a blender or food processor and add two eggs and salt. then roll in your hands a little and roll in almond meal with seasonings if you want...I did plain. Then cook in oven at 400 for 10 minutes!! So so good!! My kids were in heaven! We dipped in homeade bbq sauce made with honey and ketchup with agave but they were good plain too. And broccoli side dish! Hey so what is your take on agave....had heard some not so great things?

    ReplyDelete