Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grass muffins?

**Attention MomSpot goers! I forgot to tell you that I added Chia Seed to the pumpkin muffins as well. I heaping Tbs!! Thanks Jena for introducing me to Chia!!**

First off a special thanks to all those who attended my little class today! Super fun to have you all and thanks for all the good questions and comments. Also thanks to those of you who said prayers on my behalf and who sent me encouraging emails and texts. Much appreciated :) It was successful and I think we all recommitted ourselves to try a little harder and do a little more in regards to our health.

On that note here is the Pumpkin Muffin recipe that I promised.
(Today I brought these as a sample for the class and one of the moms honestly told me it tasted like grass. Afterwards she's like, "Do we get the recipe to these grass muffins??"
They really are good. She wanted to make them at home but she admitted that she was used to a much more sugar laden muffin. Never to late to make positive changes in your diet!

So here you go. As usual, I made it up:

Makes 24 muffins

Mix together:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pinto beans (I put them in my blender to puree them)
4 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup amaranth flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbs. chia seed
1 15oz can pumpkin

Spray muffin tins and pour in batter to 3/4 full.
Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

- low sugar content (honey, small amount)
- high fiber (beans, pumpkin)
- high protein (beans, amaranth, eggs, almond meal)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment