Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roasted Veggies for Dinner!!




Some days there is nothing better than your kids' taking a nice long nap, on their own! Today was one of those days. I put them in their room at 1:00 and it's 2:59pm and I haven't heard a peep! Yes!

Gives me lots of time for dinner prep. The last hour has been spent rocking out to some Pandora radio and washing/cutting veggies (and munching on some as I went).

Tonight for dinner we are having crock pot chicken and Roasted Veggies. The chicken is nothing special. Some chicken breasts in the crock pot that I will salt and pepper when they are fully cooked.

The veggies are special. Zucchini, butternut squash, carrots, califlower, some gloves of garlic (left in whole cloves) all in the pan topped with about 1/4 cup coconut oil. I cook them at 375 for about an hour and then I dash them with sea salt. This is a family favorite. The coconut oil makes them sweeter and the contrast with the salt is nothing short of fantastic.

Have a good dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment