Monday, November 21, 2011

Supplement Monday

Today's Supplement is Garlic. Some take a capsule. I don't have any experience with that. I do it the old fashioned way....
Take a garlic whole clove. Peel it. Cut it into fourths. Swallow it with water.
There are a lot of colds going around and I don't want one. Last night I took a clove, tonight I will do the same. Think about it, garlic is strong stuff it's bound to kill off those bad guys!


Here is some facts I found here.
Garlic and infections

There’s a large body of research which shows that garlic has numerous health benefits. Not only has it been used successfully as a natural remedy for thousands of years, but science is now proving its effectiveness, too.

Among the myriad medicinal talents of garlic, we find an apparent ability to fight infections such as the common cold, and especially to help clear up respiratory infections and lung congestion.

It keeps the delicate mucous membranes of the digestive and respiratory system healthy and can be soothing for sore throats. Early in the 20th century, it was sometimes used in the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment