Wednesday, November 30, 2011

baked oatmeal

This breakfast is a huge hit around here. Even for my not so much lovin' oatmeal husband.

This breakfast is packed with protein (plant based) and fiber and has no refined sugar.

This is what I did.

1/2 or 1 cube of butter ( your preference. I've done both ways and couldn't really tell the difference so now I just do 1/2 cube (NOT CUP, CUBE)

Put the butter in a 9x13 pan and melt in the oven while it is preheating to 350 degrees.

While the butter is melting and coating the pan mix 3 cups oatmeal in a large bowl (I am experimenting with gluten free oats.... I will get back to you on this whole thing.... in a while)

Add 1 Tbs. vanilla
Add 1 Tbs. cinnamon ( I usually do more for taste)
Add 2 Tbs. Pure Maple Syrup
Add 3 eggs ( or 1 or 2, depending on how many you have in your fridge)
Add 2 cups milk ( whatever you like, I like to use rice milk. It doesn't add any flavor because it's non-sweetened).

Mix all of that together in your bowl. Add to the melted butter in the pan and mix until combined.

Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!!
This breakfast does not taste like boiled oatmeal. It is really chewy and so good!
It's a yum, yum, yum, yum, yum in this house!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! THAT sounds really good, I LOVE the Vitamins from Mannatech, I can't believe after 2 days how much better I feel, THANKS for teaching ME how to be Healthier!!!

    ReplyDelete