Sunday, December 18, 2011

Antibiotics and health

My husband is so cute sometimes. Tonight he found this article and told me to read it, which I did. And I liked it. And I liked that he knew I would like it and insisted I read it. And I liked that I agreed with it.

You can read the article here.

Antibiotics are a touchy subject, as most are that I discuss on this blog. My kids have never had an antibiotic. I don't think they are a healthy choice. I took 2 rounds of antibiotics last year when I had strep, for the sole purpose of not spreading the bacteria to my family. When they didn't work I was further convinced of their lousiness and more determined to continue to avoid them.

Here is why I personally choose to avoid them:
They mask the underlying issue. If you catch an infection it is because something is not balanced in your body. I honestly believe that if you are as healthy as you possibly could be infection would not be able to live in your body (of course non of us are but we can all strive to be!!)
They are a quick fix. I don't believe in quick fixes and I don't think they are effective long term. If your body is sick I believe that with time, rest, extra nutrients and vitamins, Your body will be able to heal. Patience is key here.
They kill everything in your gut. The good and the bad and the aftershocks are, to me, more detrimental than the problem originally trying to be solved.
There are other alternatives. I use homeopathic remedies, vitamin supplements, water, honey, colidial silver.
They are causing other issues, as you can read in the above article.
Often people get sick. Take an antibiotic. Get well, temporarily (because their body is still unhealthy), get sick again with the same thing or something different, take another antibiotic.... and they never heal. They never solve the problem. They actually worsen the problem because the antibiotics kill off the good guys too and so a small problem is increased and masked and increased and masked again.

Do you notice the vicious cycle I am referring too?

So antibiotics DID NOT kill my strep. I promise. I will tell you what natural remedies did, tomorrow.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment