Thursday, October 13, 2011

I actually know what I'm talking about!

So I did my 2nd nutrition class tonight and it was awesome!

Then I came home and opened my email and found this article.
The amazing part was that the two points stated in this article are also the two points I've focused my classes on.
So this was just awesome!
I am just a mom, trying to be healthy, trying to feed my family well and to educate others with what I am learning. And here you have an expert in the field totally preaching the same thing. That, my friends, is seriously empowering.
It's real.
Take note. Make little changes. You are worth it!!

You can check out the article here. I didn't watch the movies, just read the article.

How to Reverse the Obesity- and Related Chronic Disease Trends

I believe there are two primary dietary recommendations that could make all the difference in the world for most people, leading to a swift reversal in the horrific disease trends we're currently facing:

  1. Severely restricting carbohydrates (sugars, fructose, and grains) in your diet, and
  2. Increasing healthy fat consumption

I recently wrote about this recommendation in-depth, so for more details, please see This Substance Fools Your Metabolism - and Tricks Your Body into Gaining Pounds. If you want to shed excess pounds and maintain a healthy weight long-term, and RADICALLY reduce (and in many cases virtually eliminate) your risk of diabetes, heart disease and cancer, then get serious about restricting your consumption of fructose to no more than 25 grams per day, with a maximum of 15 grams a day from fresh fruit. If you're already overweight, or have any of these diseases or are at high risk of any of them, then you're probably better off cutting that down to 10-15 grams per day; fruit included.

No comments:

Post a Comment