Monday, October 3, 2011

Supplement Monday


Today's vitamin supplement is Vitamin B - 100.
People take B vitamins for multiple reasons and I've listed some health benefits below.
For me, I take this supplement to calm my nerves. Really! I tend to be a stressor (stress out about things) and this supplement really, really, helps me control my stress levels. I probably sound like a case right now, huh. When I am a little on edge I can tell that I haven't been taking my vitamin-B.
Also, just a bonus. Mosquitos won't bite you if your levels of vitamin B are adequate. So if mosquitos really love you, like they do me, then take this supplement and they won't want anything to do with you. Isn't that worth it in itself!
I swallow one of these each morning after I've eaten breakfast.
I don't give them to my kids.

Now Foods B-100 Caps (100 Caps)

B - Vitamins play a vital role in mood, cardiovascular health, cancer prevention and immune health. B-100 Caps are a blend of key B vitamins combined with other nutritional factors for enhanced synergism. This formula provides recommended potencies of the most important B vitamins. It is designed to supply your body's required daily intake in one complete supplement. Folic Acid and other B vitamins seem even more of a wonder drug than anyone suspected: Already known to prevent severe birth defects and heart attacks, they may also ward off broken bones from osteoporosis, two major studies suggest.

Now Foods Vitamin B-100:

  • Nutritional Health
  • B-Complex for Maximum Effectiveness
  • Supports Energy Production
B vitamins are known to reduce levels of homocysteine, an amino acid already linked, at high levels, to an increased risk of heart attacks, strokes and Alzheimer's disease. Now research shows high levels of homocysteine at least double the risk of osteoporosis-related fractures. How B Vitamins can help: Mind and Mood: The body needs folic acid, B6 and B12 to produce neurotransmitters. Studies show that some people who are seriously depressed or show signs of dementia have dearth of folic acid or B12. Fixing these deficiencies can alleviate the depression or improve concentration and memory. More important for the average person, even a mild lack of B vitamins may cloud the mind.

Immune Health: Even people with only slightly low levels of B-vitamins show signs of weakened immune function. Taking these vitamins may enhance their immune health. Cancer: Reduced levels of methionine increase the risk of cancer. Folic Acid and vitamin B-12 help the body convert homocysteine to methionine; that amino acid helps maintain the genes that prevent cells from turning cancerous. Osteoporosis (Hip Fractures): High homocysteine level in the blood is linked with future risk of osteoporosis and hip fracture. Women with high homocysteine levels had double the hip fracture rate, and men with high levels had four times the increase, compared to people with low homocysteine levels. The levels can be reduced by diet, particularly vitamin B-12 and folate, and by some medications. What are Neurotransmitters? Neurotransmitters are chemicals that control alertness and mood by speeding nerve signals through the brain.
http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-nowfoods-vitamin-b-100.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment