Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easy Salmon/Veggie Dinner



Many of you have asked me what I cook for dinner and I often try to share recipes that are favorites. Last night was super easy. I was busy bike riding with my kids until after 4 so I threw this together.

I buy these salmon patties here
They are so good and so easy to make. I fry them on a skillet. No butter/oil, nothing. Just put them on, frozen and cook about 8 minutes on each side. Easy sneezy!
We don't eat them with a bun. Don't need those carbs. In the picture there is one whole one and then another one that I had cut up and divided among the kids. My kids each eat 1/2-1 whole depending on the kid and how hungry they are. Jeff eats 2 for dinner, I eat 1 + whatever the kids don't eat :)

The veggies was random. I had some cabbage in the fridge from tacos the other night and it was already chopped so I threw it in my stoneware pan with some asparagus on top. I topped that with about 1/4 cup coconut oil and cooked it at 350 for 1 hour (while we were on the bike ride this was cooking away).

So there you have it. Everything I make my whole family eats and usually likes. This one included. Just imagine some tartar sauce on the plates of my husband and kids!

Enjoy! And remember no extra seasonings or creativity needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment