Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Favorite Fish

Sorry no picture. It's been a crazy week around here with field trips, Birthday parties, and everyone getting well after having a cold.

Last night's dinner is a family favorite: Baked Cod and Butternut Squash
Here is all I did.

Preheat oven to 350

In my stoneware pan I put a layer of Butternut Squash (peeled and cut into cubes) and 3 TBS. Coconut oil.
Set the timer and cook for 50-60 minutes (or until tender).

Then work on the cod

Baked Cod:

2 lbs. fresh cod
(lay out on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil for easy clean up!)

1/4 cup melted butter : melt butter in a dish and then spoon out onto the fish to cover the fish evenly. I don't use a pastry brush but I spose you could.

1/3 cup panko : lightly sprinkle over fish, evenly again
(you can use whatever here: cracker crumbs, crushed corn flakes.... we like Panko!!)

little salt: dash on top with some parsley flakes

When your timer from the squash has about 20 minutes left throw the fish in the oven as well. Cook until done (about 20 minutes).

YOU KNOW THE COD IS DONE WHEN IT IS WHITE AND FLAKEY. IF YOU STICK YOUR FORK IN IT AND IT SPLITS EASILY IT IS DONE.

Serve with lemon on the side!

We also had sugar snap peas. Crunch. Munch. Crunch.

And Costco sells Butternut Squash already cut into cubes. THANK YOU!! Butternut Squash is a real pain to prepare because of the thick peel and weird shape and seeds. I feel like I am always throwing a ton of it away. So now when I get the chance I buy it in the produce at Costco and it is a dream to open the package and pour into the pan.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog! My family lives way up in the Pacific Northwest and I love to read your posts. I believe in pretty much everything you are preaching and like to feel "normal". Thanks for inspiring me to continue on my quest to feed my family healthfully.

    ReplyDelete